InStyle & Facebook's Red Carpet Talk Meter: THE RESULTS ARE IN!
During the 2013 Grammy Awards, InStyle and Facebook again joined forces to activate the "InStyle & Facebook Red Carpet Talk Meter." Leveraging the style authority of InStyle, coupled with the powerhouse reach of Facebook, this tool captured and analyzed data to reveal the night’s most buzzed about fashion and beauty. Throughout the evening, InStyle editors identified the top looks and trends, while Facebook analyzed global style chatter to generate results for the Red Carpet Talk Meter. Check out the results:
MOST BUZZED ABOUT RED CARPET LOOKS & THE STARS WHO ROCKED THEM!
1. Katy Perry, Gucci
2. Rihanna, Azzedine Alaia
3. Kelly Rowland, Georges Chakra
4. Beyonce, Osman
5. Jennifer Lopez, Anthony Vaccarello
6. Adele, Valentino
7. Taylor Swift, J. Mendel
8. Florence Welch, Givenchy
9. Carrie Underwood, Roberto Cavalli
10. Miranda Lambert, Roberto Cavalli
1. Justin Timberlake,Tom Ford
2. Nas, Brioni
3. Adam Levine, Lanvin
4. Miguel, Lanvin
5. Chris Brown, Lanvin
6. Tim McGraw, Tom Ford
7. Drake, Saint Laurent Paris
8. LL Cool J, Giorgio Armani
9. Ed Sheeran, Burberry
10. Rick Ross, Tom Ford
BEST DRESSED OF THE NIGHT
In a poll of individuals on Facebook, men and women agreed – Rihanna was the best dressed.
MOST BUZZED ABOUT PERFORMANCE LOOKS
1. Carrie Underwood in a custom illuminated Theia ball gown, inspired by the Freedom Tower in NYC.
2. Fun. in traditional fitted shirts and cropped pants, which were doused with a mid-performance rain shower.
3. Alicia Keys in a black sheath with sheer panels for her performance with Adam Levine.
4. Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford for his first Grammy performance in six years.
5. Rihanna in a sparkling gold two-piece by Luciano Soprani, paid tribute to Bob Marley with Sting, Bruno Mars, and Ziggy Marley.
6. Taylor Swift in an all-white circus-themed costume, ripping off her skirt to reveal short shorts, as she opened the Grammys.
7. Jack White in a head-to-toe look adorned with sequins and rhinestones performed two songs from his current album.
8. Miguel and Wiz Khalifa in coordinating black and white blazers for their performance of "Adorn."
9. Kelly Clarkson in a black velvet Oday Shakar dress with a wide glitter belt, paid tribute to Patti Page and Carole King.
10. Rihanna in a fitted black column gown by Alaia performed "Stay" with Mikky Ekko .
MOST BUZZED ABOUT STYLISH COUPLES
1. Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart
2. Jay-Z and Beyonce
3. Rihanna and Chris Brown
4. Pink and Carey Hart
5. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw
MOST BUZZED-ABOUT TRENDS
1. Leg slit
3. Mini dress/skirt
MOST BUZZED ABOUT COLORS
MOST BUZZED ABOUT HAIR
1. Rihanna: To complement her red-hot Azzedine Alaia number, Rihanna's caramel highlights were worn in loose waves.
2. Beyonce: Beyonce's strands were pulled into a sleek low ponytail with a graphic center part.
3. Adele: Never one to disappoint with her flair for vintage style, Adele wore her gold layers in a retro-inspired coiff with volume at the crown.
4. Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift played off of her J. Mendel gown's ethereal feeling with a braided updo.
5. Alicia Keys: Keys pumped up the volume with an edgy pompadour.
MOST BUZZED ABOUT JEWELRY
1. Adele: Posie-shaped opal earrings with ruby petals by Cartier.
2. Carrie Underwood: A $31 million Johnathon Arndt necklace, featuring 381 Carats of oval, pear, marquise and round brilliant white diamonds.
3. Kelly Clarkson: Turquoise and blue sapphire statement earrings
4. Rihanna: A twisted, bejeweled bracelet by Neil Lane, and diamond rings on nearly every finger.5. Beyonce: Two Lorraine Schwartz geometric cuffs filled with black and white diamonds.