Holiday lighting secret weapon: LightKeeperPro
One thing I love year-round, not just during the holiday season are sparkly lights. But what do you do when one or a few strands won't light up? You turn to the LightKeeperPro. Check out the scoop below!
Check out the video here to see how it works:
Get the lighting tips from the pros:
- Measure: To estimate the number of lights needed for your tree, plan an average of 100 lights per every foot of tree height. Serious decorators often double that.
- Inspect: Before stringing lights, check for broken bulbs and sockets, frayed cords, burned out lights, and loose connections. For sets with bulb outages, use the LightKeeper Pro.
- Connect: When using incandescent lights, connect no more than three strands of mini string sets together. LED light sets can handle connecting more than 30 strands together.
- Indoor vs. Outdoor: Commercial-grade light sets are more reliable for outdoor use because of their durability and thicker insulation.
- Live and Artificial Trees: When stringing lights on a tree, begin at the top of the tree and wind the strands through its center, widening with the tree's shape. Real trees should be watered daily. When the tree is purchased, request a half of an inch be sawed off so when you get it home the tree can take in more water.
- Holiday Hotline: Highly trained lighting tech pros are at your service year round and 7 days a week between Thanksgiving and Christmas: 888-ULTA-LIT (858-2548), or visit www.UltaLit.com.