Get the scoop on Redken Blonde Idol from celeb hairstylist Tracey Cunningham, owner of Méche Salon
I had the pleasure of hanging out with the Tracey Cunningham, celebrity hairstylist, Redken color consultant, and owner of Méche Salon in Beverly Hills, and I got the insider scoop on why every girl who goes blonde, even if it's just highlights or ombre, needs Redken Blonde Idol in their beauty repertoire and other fab beauty and hair tips and tricks.
First, I have to gush about how cool Méche Salon is. It's located at 8820 Burton Way Beverly Hills, CA 90211, and it smells divine when you walk in. Everyone is super-friendly and you can get pampered like a princess.
Second, I was lucky enough to snag some one-on-one time with Tracey. She says that the one of the biggest parts of her process is making sure that her clients bring in photos of the style and color that they want.
This is essential because what we visualize in our minds can differ and vary, so to save time and make sure that everyone is on the same page.
Also, just because she works with celebrities which include J. Lo, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, Charlize Theron, and Lily Aldridge, she hates when it people say, "Just do whatever you want." You know what you want and don't be afraid to ask for it.
Her advice for aspiring hair stylists is to get as much education and experience as possible, build good relationships with the clients that you do have, and if you don't love what you're doing, then get a new profession.
Her go-to products for the girl that loves accessible luxury when it comes to her hair products? The Redken Blonde Idol collection.
It guarantees, no brassiness and Redken takes into account that no two blondes are alike and they offer customizable care to bring out the best in every blonde.
Their new Blonde Idol features the exclusive Kera-Bright System that balances, brightens, and beautifies to keep your blonde brilliant and idol-worthy between salon visits.
The scoop in Blonde Idol:
The Blonde Idol Product Line:
- Blonde Idol Sulfate-Free Shampoo: Gentle, sulfate-free daily cleansing shampoo for all blondes.
- Blonde Idol Custom Tone Conditioner Violet for Warm Blondes: Adjustable color-depositing daily conditioner for cool blondes helps neutralize brassiness. Dual-chamber releases a custom calibrated blend of color-depositing and conditioning formulas that can be adjusted as needed over time. Deeply conditions, strengthens and helps preserve tonality between salon visits.
- Blonde Idol Custom Tone Conditioner Gold for Warm Blondes: Adjustable color-depositing daily conditioner for warm blondes helps neutralize brassiness. Dual-chamber releases a custom calibrated blend of color-depositing and conditioning formulas that can be adjusted as needed over time. Deeply conditions, strengthens and helps preserve tonality between salon visits.
- Blonde Idol BBB Spray: A lightweight, leave-in or rinse-out multi-benefit conditioning spray. First BBB hair treatment that balances, beautifies and brightens blondes.
- Blonde Idol Mask: Nourishing rinse-out treatment.
Who Should Use Custom-Tone Gold?
If you describe your haircolor as: Rose Gold, Light to Dark Golden, Sun-Kissed, Strawberry Blonde, Caramel, Rich Toffee, or Honey and would like to maintain or refine your warm tone
Who Should Use Custom-Tone Violet?
If you describe your haircolor as: Platinum, Lavender, Violet Pastel, Icy, Beige, Ash and would like to neutralize any brassiness to preserve cool, blonde hair
Stay in the know:
*Although this is a sponsored post by Redken, all opinions are my own.